« AnkstesnisTęsti »
THE SECOND VOLUME.
CHAPTER VII. Of Money.
§ 1. PURPOSES of a Circulating Medium
2. Gold and silver, why fitted for those purposes
3. Money a mere contrivance for facilitating exchanges, which
CHAPTER VIII. Of the Value of Money, as dependent on
§ 1. Value of Money, an ambiguous expression
2. The value of money depends, cæteris paribus, on its quantity 12
- together with the rapidity of circulation
4. Explanations and limitations of this principle
CHAPTER IX. Of the Value of Money, as dependent on Cost
§ 1. The value of money, in a state of freedom, conforms to the
which is determined by the cost of production
3. This law, how related to the principle laid down in the pre-