« AnkstesnisTęsti »
SONGS AND SOLOS.
CONTAINING 271 HYMNS.
IRA D. SANKEY at Messrs. MOODY & SANKEY'S Meetings in
COMBINING IN ONE VOLUME
"SACRED SONGS & SOLOS" AND "THE LATER SONGS & SOLOS."
LONDON: MORGAN AND SCOTT,
12, PATERNOSTER BUILDINGS. E.C.
THE present Edition of ENLARGED SONGS AND SOLOS contains,
in one volume, the "SACRED SONGS AND SOLOS" and the "LATER SONGS AND SOLOS."
This Work comprises
1. The HYMNS used at Messrs. MOODY & SANKEY'S Meetings in England, Scotland, and Ireland;
2. The ADDITIONAL HYMNS sung by Mr. SANKEY at the Later London Meetings;
3. The HYMNS sung by Mr. SANKEY at the American Meetings during the years 1875 and 1876;
4. The LATER HYMNS sung by Mr. SANKEY at the American Meetings in the year 1877;
5. And some other Choice Pieces by the late Mr. P. P. BLISS and others.
The whole Work forms a very comprehensive and useful Hymn Book for Churches, Congregations, and Missions.
The whole of the Music for these Hymns is issued by the same Publishers, under the title of "ENLARGED SONGS AND SOLOSMUSIC."
The original SACRED SONGs and Solos," and the "LATER SONGS AND SOLOS," both with and without the Music, may still be had separately in any quantity.
ENLARGED SONGS AND SOLOS.
Hold the Hoyt.
"That which ye have hold fast till I come."-REV. ii. 25.
Ho, my comrades! see the signal
Reinforcements now appearing,
"Hold the Fort, for I am coming," Jesus signals still;
Mighty men around us falling,
3 See the glorious banner waving !
In our Leader's name we'll triumph
4 Fierce and long the battle rages,
Onward comes our great Commander,
The Gate Ajay foy Me.
"The gates of it shall not be shut at all by day; for there shall be no night there."-REV. xxi. 25.
Tune-Sacred Songs and Solos, No. 2.
HERE is a gate that stands ajar,
And through its portals gleaming
A radiance from the cross afar,
The Saviour's love revealing.
Oh, depth of mercy! can it be That gate was left ajar for me?
for me, for me? Was left ajar for me?